You Wish You Were Here

Friday, August 04, 2006

Volleyball on Lembongan

The local sport here is Volleyball and they take it VERY seriously. While running the other day, I saw more that 8 volley ball courts in less that many Kilometers. There is a tournament going on every afternoon (at the field I tried to learn to ride the motorbike). As many people as can go, walk down and watch a very professonally run volleyball game. There were more than 400 people there yesterday.

One of the DMs at World Diving coaches a team.... they played yesterday, but did not win. ALL of the DMs lost money on the game. Another is part of the "official" squad and does "patrol" during the game. The team that one yesterday had 2 players brought in from Java and 5 players taller than CJ... which is amazing, b/c I have not come across any person from indonesia that is taller than 6 feet. So, I did my part to root for our team... but I think I did more harm than good b/c they only started loosing after I arrived. Either way, it is good fun and really hits at the heart of the island.

well, the sun is setting really fast and I want to catch it before it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home