You Wish You Were Here

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Divermaster: Day 1

I began my first day of my Divemaster training this morning. It was a good day and I began by learning about the equipent in the shop and how to help divers get their equipment ready for a dive. Also, more importantly, which equipment "belongs" to which divemasters/instructors.... VERY important. Then I went on two dives, on called Blue Corner is a very tricky site here in Lembongan. We did not see much, except another sea snake, but it was an amazing experience. The other gruop of fun divers saw the Mola Mola (giant sun fish) from aboout 2 meters. I was really happy though because when I first came here I could not have dove at Blue Corner: my experience was just too limited. Now I am feeling more confident and my skills are much better. During the next few weeks, it will seem like I am back in school. Lots of reading, preparting, stamina tests, skill performances, diving........
So, I am off to try and finish chapter 2 tonight before I fall asleeep.

PS: I have been reading peoples comments on the blog page not very frequently. However, I am not getting very much email :-( Plus, I cannot always check the blog page... but I can check my email. Hint, hint, nudge, nudge, wink, wink ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home