You Wish You Were Here

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Diving in Nusa Lembongan

I have been diving the past four days and really learing a lot. Some dives went really well, others not so great. On Wednesday I did see 3 Mola Mola- the giant sunfish, which come up from the deep Indian Ocean this time of year. They were amazing. The reefs around the island are littered with various reeffish and colorful corals. I always see 1-9 annenomes filled with the currious and playful clownfish. I could spend my entire dive just interacting with the clownfish if it wern't for the strong current.

Sue and John have been so helpful at World Diving and really made sure I was able to do all the things I needed to. I even finished my EFR class last night with John. Plus all the divemasters are so knowledgable and fill the time on the boat with jokes and laughter.

I took a motorbike tour around the island with one of the Divemasters: Wyoen(spelled sooo wrong). SOOOO cool. I saw the various secuded beaches around the island, a suspension bridge to a smaller ajoining island, and some seeweed farming and the smaller villages that live on that industry. I even got to meet his aunt, uncle, and cousin when we stopped for petrol.

Today I am taking the day off before I travel to my next destination, which actually requires a bit of planning. So I will hit the internet, try to make a few phone calls, talk to the boat people, stop infor a manicure and massage, and maybe rent a bike to ride around the island and snorkel at another beach. Tonight World Diving celebrates their 1 year anneversary since Sue and John bought it so there will be a big party!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home